So, you're pregnant - congratulations! There is lots of stuff to buy and things to prepare for.
You may have already bought your baby's first pram! You may have even decorated his or her nursery in preparation for their arrival.
But have you considered preparing for your own emotional health and wellbeing throughout your pregnancy and in the postnatal period?
If a mothers emotional health is in good shape, she and her whole family will benefit. That is why I am offering this one-off antenatal session to help you emotionally prepare for your new arrival.
Do you feel equipped to recognise the emotional challenges that can occur during pregnancy through to motherhood?
Many mothers wish they felt more prepared for the mental health difficulties that new & existing mothers are vulnerable to.
Others already have a history of anxiety and/or depression and may feel anxious about things deteriorating during pregnancy or after birth.
This one-to-one session is an antenatal class for your mental health and is purely focused on helping you spot the signs that your mental health may be starting to slip. It will also advise on what support is available to you should you need it.
The session is a one-off session that is conducted either in person in the MK3 area, or on Zoom. It covers:
- A summary of what care and support you should be offered for perinatal mental illness
- Signs and symptoms of common mental health problems, such as Perinatal OCD, Birth Trauma, Tokophobia (fear of childbirth), Health Anxiety, Social Anxiety & Ante/Postnatal Depression
- The psychological treatments available to you on the NHS and privately
- How CBT can help you manage symptoms of anxiety & depression
- Medication for mental health difficulties in pregnancy and postnatally
- What peer support you can access
- My top self-care tips for you as you enter your journey into parenthood
The session lasts approximately one hour & costs £30.
As an introductory offer, I am offering a 50% DISCOUNT on this session until midnight on 31st October 2021!
If you are interested, contact me on the button below and I will be in touch to agree a mutually convenient date and time.