Changes Made In My Therapy Room
- During our appointments, we will maintain safe distancing.
- I will be taking weekly lateral flow tests
- Hand sanitiser is available in the therapy room for us both to use before and after our session.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment. If you send me a text when you are outside, I will come to meet you at the brown gate.
- Both of us will be required to wear a face mask throughout our sessions and I can provide these.
- Payments for your appointments are made by bank transfer before your session, which avoids the exchanging of cash/cards.
- The room is cleaned between clients and additional time is left between appointments for ventilation.
- I continue to provide online therapy, reducing the number of people visiting the office.
- Common areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
If there is a resurgence of the pandemic or if other health concerns arise, I may require that we meet online (Zoom) or by phone. If you have concerns about meeting online, we will talk about it first and try to address any issues. You understand that, if I believe it is necessary, I may determine that we return to online sessions for everyone’s well-being.
If you decide at any time that you would feel safer staying with or returning to, online services, I will respect that decision, if it is feasible and clinically appropriate.
Risks of Opting for In-Person Services
You understand that by coming to the office, you are assuming the risk of exposure to the coronavirus (or other public health risks). This risk may increase if you travel by public transportation.
Our Responsibility to Minimize Exposure
To obtain services in person, we agree to take certain precautions which will help keep you, me, our families, and the wider community safer from exposure, sickness and possible death. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting/returning to remote appointments.
- We will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom-free.
- You will not attend a session if you have a high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell, or any other symptoms associated with the coronavirus.
- You will wait in your car or outside until our appointment time.
- You will use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser when you enter the therapy room.
- You will wear a mask for the duration of your sessions (unless government guidance changes).
- We will adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the therapy room.
- We will keep a 2 metre distance in the therapy room and there will be no physical contact (e.g., no shaking hands).
- We will take steps between appointments to minimize our exposure to COVID.
- If we are exposed to other people who are infected, we will inform each other.
- If a resident of your home or mine tests positive for the infection, we will inform each other.
I may change the above precautions if additional local, or government guidelines are published. If that happens, we will talk about any necessary changes.
If You or I Are Sick or Have Symptoms
You understand that I am committed to keeping you, me, and all our families safe from the spread of the coronavirus. If you show up for an appointment and I believe that you have a fever or other symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, I will have to require you to leave the therapy room immediately. We can follow up with services remotely as appropriate.
If I test positive for the coronavirus, I will notify you so that you can take appropriate precautions.
Your Confidentiality in the Case of Infection
If you have tested positive for the coronavirus, I may be required to notify local health authorities that you have been in the office. If I have to report this, I will only provide the minimum information necessary for their data collection and will not go into any details about the reason(s) for our visits. In attending face to face sessions, you are agreeing that I may do so without an additional signed release.
During practice hours:
- The distance between chairs has been extended.
- Therapy rooms are wiped down in-between clients.
- Please ask if you require a face mask.
- I am washing my hands between clients.
- I will be keeping social contacts to a minimum and social distancing.
- Your appointment may be cancelled with short notice if I become unwell or government guidance dictates.
- The practice is being disinfected at the end of each day.
- General face-to-face sessions will significantly reduce.
- Anyone who is self-isolating will be asked to suspend sessions or have online therapy.
Alternative options for therapy sessions:
- I am happy to offer online or telephone therapy sessions to anyone who requests it regardless of whether you have symptoms.
- Please contact me in advance if you wish to arrange an online session and I will send you a link to access this service. I use a secure GDPR-compliant online platform called Zoom (https://zoom.us/).
- If you have not used Zoom before here is a guide Zoom Support - how to use
What I will do if I am symptomatic:
- In these circumstances, I will contact you without delay via telephone or e-mail. If you have recently changed your e-mail or telephone number, please notify me of any changes.
- You will then be informed following the period of self-isolation when the practice re-opens.
What you should do if you are symptomatic:
- If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, however mild, such as a new persistent cough or fever, you should not attend your upcoming appointment.
- Please contact me via E-mail – (email@example.com), or text/leave a voicemail on 07515 545181
In these circumstances, we can either suspend sessions until you are ready to resume, or sessions can continue online.
- The above procedure will be reviewed on a regular basis and may change at short notice based on government guidelines. I will continue to keep you updated on any further actions regarding this matter.
- For information on how to protect yourself from the Coronavirus, you should always follow the latest Government advice. For up-to-date guidance visit: gov.uk/coronavirus
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Last updated November 2021 by Laura Hans